4 September 2021 till 12 September 2021
Via Simone Saint Bon 1, 120147 Milano
Visit Website »
Pro Helvetia is pleased to offer 10 emerging Swiss designers the opportunity to participate in a major event for the design branch: the Milan Design Week, taking place this year from 4 to 12 September.
The Design Switzerland exhibition will take place at Alcova, a platform for independent design which activates forgotten locations of historical significance in and around Milan, temporarily recasting them as venues for exhibition and events. Alcova will take over an unique location in 2021, just a few steps away from the Inganni metro station: three historical buildings of a former military hospital, immersed in a luxuriant park.
Design Switzerland’s exhibited projects have in common ambitious design solutions to current challenges and aim to significantly improve people’s lives in an innovative and smart way. They will be showcased in a site-specific scenography by Lausanne-based studio iiode.
- Benjamin Bichsel – Biodegradable Medical Clothing
- Filipe & Viricel – Midi chair
- Panter & Tourron – Kit table
- Fabien Roy – Robust Nest, a portable newborn incubator adapted to the context of district hospitals in sub-Saharan countries
- Altherr/Weiss – Tilt, a refillable bottle
- Sarah Hossli – Lotte, an armchair designed for elderly people
- Emilien Jaury and Clovis Grosbost – Cane, a lighting system
- read on – a multifunctional iPhone case with integrated reading glasses
- Miloš Ristin – Nevo, a protection mask
- Superlife – Sharing, a stool and a chair in one
Image (c) Raphaëlle Mueller