Call for Participation: Seoul Matchmaking ProgrammeKorea
4 June 2023
August, Early September
Seoul Matchmaking Programme
2-6 October 2023
Pro Helvetia in collaboration with the Swiss Embassy in Seoul invites a selection of Swiss design studios to take part in a matchmaking programme in Seoul, Korea, from 2-6 of October 2023. The matchmaking programme will be held in Seoul this year on the occasion of celebrating the 60th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Switzerland and the Republic of Korea.
The programme aims to foster business opportunities between the selected studios and the local design industry. The programme will be operated with a local partner specialized in PR and communications for the creative industries.
The selected studios will individually benefit from:
- Coaching for goals and objectives identification, introduction to the local scene
- One-to-one meetings with industry players
- Guided tour to selected companies
- Participation to a Pecha Kucha event at the Embassy
- Financial support and stipend for accommodation/travel of CHF 2’500.- per studio
- 4 design studios will be selected
- The design studio’s practices should have commercial reach and a strong interest in connecting with Korean design companies
- The studio’s practices should be responding to current challenges and addressing the needs of society ie. inclusivity, sustainability, equitability
- The applicants may submit a project up to seven years after completing their studies or founding their studio
- The applicants must be Swiss citizens or permanently reside in Switzerland
Format and programme outline
Coaching: August, September
Before leaving for Korea, the designers will benefit from business coaching sessions as well as an information session about the Korean design scene.
Seoul Matchmaking Programme: 2-6 October 2023
Based on the designers’ interests and needs, the participants will get the opportunity to visit 5-6 design companies in Seoul. After the tours, the designers will individually meet with key decision-makers from each company in order to present their portfolios and imagine potential collaborations.
In the context of the Embassy, the Swiss designers will have the opportunity to take part in a Pecha Kucha event. In order to foster collaborations, 2-3 Korean emerging designers/design studios will also be invited to participate in this event. The event will be open to a design-interested audience.
To take part in this programme, please fill the following form by 4 June 2023 (midnight).
We are looking forward to receiving your application and will get back to you by mid-June. Please don’t hesitate to contact Marie Mayoly should you have any questions.