18 April 2021
Are you working in the field of furniture, lightning or textile design and are eager to meet international industry partners to grow your network and possibly work on new projects?
Apply today to the Design Switzerland Matchbox: Industry Connect – a tailor-made online matchmaking service organised in partnership with Medelhan, the Salone del Mobile spinoff and leading business design network, working among others with Kartell, Devon&Devon or Cappellini.
In order to be best represented on the Medelhan digital platform and to be ready to meet potential partners from the industry that fit your specific needs, we will offer you the chance to fine-tune your studio presentation and train your pitching skills with international coaches.
Giulio Cappellini, art director of the Italian design firm Cappellini, will give us the honour to launch Design Switzerland Matchbox: Industry Connect during an online event by end of June 2021.
The selected studios will benefit from the following services:
- Accompaniment of the pitch creation phase by two international coaches and creation of a short video presentation
- Be present on the professional online matchmaking-platform Medelhan
- Be officially introduced and directly connected to leading industry partners
Briefing and requirements
- To be eligible, designers must be Swiss citizens or long-term residents in Switzerland
- Designers in the fields of furniture and product design, lightning or textile design may submit a concept up to seven years after completing their studies or founding their studio
- Designers must have first experiences in the market and a knowledge of their long-term business goals
- The designers must be willing to work closely on this project in the next months
- Pro Helvetia is looking for designers and studios with innovative ideas, responding to current challenges and addressing the needs of society, environment and industries
The application file in English must include
- Designers’ contact information incl. website
- Short biography and portfolio (including information about your origin, spoken languages and date of graduation/foundation of the studio) (max 500 signs including spaces)
- Business plan and a description of the studios’ USP, specialisation as well as references about sustainability in the studios’ projects
- Information about the current stock list and current collaborations within the industry
- Information about the business objectives of the studio and description of profiles of potential partners to meet
To take part in the «Design Switzerland Matchbox: Industry Connect», please send your PDF application in English (max. 12 A4 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org until Sunday, April 18, 2021 (midnight).
We are looking forward to receiving your application and will get back to you by end of April.