In August of 2022, the ZSIG and the Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia combined their commitment to promote Swiss fashion designers in Switzerland and abroad. After an Open Call for projects looking for forward-thinking platforms and projects, the jury has decided to entrust MAISON SHIFT with this promotion.
Maison Shift is a collective by and for designers, makers and creatives. They are committed to sustainability and textile creation in Switzerland and connect fashion designers and promote creative exchange through networking and community events. Their partners include the Zurich Silk Association ZSIG and the City of Zurich (national activities) and the Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia (international activities).
Paris Design Week
During Paris Design Week, MAISON SHIFT – the new house and home of Switzerland’s sustainable fashion community – is partnering up with Mkrs. Paris and the Centre culturel suisse. On tour for a Franco / Suisse design exchange around the shared quest for holistic creation, production and business practices.
- Fashion, textile, accessories, and jewelry design studios pursuing the relevant SDGs
- Brands with a unique point of view, commercial reach and a running online shop
- Swiss citizens or designers who permanently reside in Switzerland
- Applicants up to seven years after completing their studies or founding their studio
- Designers willing to travel to Paris with us 13 – 16.9., 2023 (set up / event / deinstallation)
What will the 5 selected studios benefit from:
- Upfront coaching and support in July / August
- Opportunity to exhibit and sell their products on site in a dynamic setting
- Promotional measures in Paris to advertise the different activities
- Participation in workshops / round tables with international guests
- Peer learning / exchange with the local design community
- Accommodation / travel for one person per studio