Pro Helvetia, the Design Prize Switzerland and the Zurich Silk Industry Association (ZSIG) invite you to apply to our Call for Participation “Design Retreat”, taking place from 6 to 9 July 2023 at the Sutra House in Basel.
The Design Retreat offers emerging talents from the Swiss design industry the opportunity to take a break in a particular place and for several days to consciously reflect on their own projects and working methods.
Experts offer exciting inputs on the topics of circular design and innovation, as well as strategies for integrating workdays into a healthy workflow in a sustainable way.
Exclusive food design insights will build a bridge between circular economy, productivity, sustainable consumption and design.
The Design Retreat creates added value on different levels:
- The knowledge transfer around the topics circular design, innovation and food design is promoted.
- The discourse on one’s own projects and the establishment of a healthy working culture lead to new insights.
- The shared experience of the new Design Retreat format expands the network between young design practitioners from different design disciplines.
Experts Design Retreat 2023
- Circular Design
Sarra Ganouchi, Partner and Designer at Reform
Simon Widmer, Project Manager at Ecos
- Food Design
Rebecca Clopath, natural and top chef
Sarah Steiner, Founder WormUp
Alice dal Fuoco, Head of Innovation VNTR
Luca Sigrist, Lead Open Innovation & Partnerships VNTR
- 6 design studios will be selected by a jury
- The applicants must formulate a clear motivation for participation.
- The applicants may submit a project up to seven years after completing their studies or founding their studio
- The applicants must be Swiss citizens or permanently reside in Switzerland
To take part in the four-day retreat, please register via this form until 7 June 2023 (midnight).