Through its Design Work Grants, Pro Helvetia supports projects that demonstrate clear entrepreneurial objectives, originality, formal and design quality, feasibility, as well as sustainable benefits, a high degree of innovation and market understanding.
Applications are open to all areas of professional design practice, with the exception of interactive media.
The support measures are aligned to four stages in a project’s evolution from concept to market launch:
- Concept development
- Prototype development
- Project extension
Applicants (designers or studios) must fulfill the following criteria:
- Funding measures are aimed at applicants who are either Swiss citizens or have permanent residence in Switzerland.
- The applicant is also the principal idea generator.
- Applicants may submit projects up to seven years after graduation or within the first seven years after establishing a company (latest foundation date: 1 January 2016).
- The project is carried out according to professional standards.
- The project is highly innovative.
- The application must demonstrate a responsible design approach and an awareness of the impact on people and the environment.
- The application deadline is Tuesday 1 March 2023 (inclusive)
- Pro Helvetia accepts applications exclusively via myprohelvetia
- No funding is awarded retrospectively. The corresponding project phase may be completed at the earliest four months after the application deadline.
- Essentially, all documents must be submitted in English. If the applicant has no knowledge of English, he/she must provide a project summary (max. 1 A4 page) and may submit the documents either in German, French or Italian. The summary will be translated into English by Pro Helvetia for the jury process.
- Only one project may be submitted per funding stage.
- In the event of rejection, the same project may be resubmitted only once.
- The application must be complete and submitted on time.