Experts accompanying the Starting Power programme:
• Romain Casella, Founder MAY Concepts Ltd.
• Damon Bonser, CEO British Design Fund
• Katarina Rimarcikova, Designer, Lecturer and Consultant
• Erinrose Sullivan, Marketing Consultant
Due to the current complex situation, recently graduated designers lack opportunities to take the first steps in their careers. To fill this gap, Pro Helvetia has launched the Starting Power call for concepts, open to all designer graduated in the last two years.
To participate, candidates had to submit an innovative project, in all areas of design, responding to current challenges and addressing the needs of society, environment, economy and industry.
Thanks to the valuable support of the universities, this call for projects was relayed to alumni from all regions of Switzerland. Among the numerous high quality projects proposed, the jury selected ten projects that they will personally support in different areas such as Marketing, PR, business development and content.
The ten selected designers are:
- Ania Marincek and Julia La Mendola – sustainable eyewear and accessories design studio
- Benjamin Bichsel – biodegradable medical clothing
- Giulia Chéhab – «Augmented Tote» – comfortable handbags label
- Filip Despotovic – «Subtype» – subtitle-specific type design
- Katharina Karras – «Form follows material» – open design upcycling project
- Lila Siewczyk – «Ergonaut» – transportable ergonomic laptop stand
- Matthias Bernhardt and Fabio Bazzi – «Cargolink» – self-service delivery system
- Meret Wacker – «Imagicly» – open source robot family
- Bureau Lauper – «Lumière Virante» – harmonizing the lightspectrum
- Viviana Leida Leonhardt – «Endlich.sein» – funeral planning