Next Call for Projects
Opening mid-december 2018
Closing date: 1 March 2019
Fashion, product design, furniture, graphic and textile design.
With its Culture and Business programme (2016–2020), Pro Helvetia has developed various formats with which to provide targeted support for projects by Swiss designers at all stages of the value chain: concept, prototype, production, project expansion.
For this third Call for projects, a total of 89 applications in all branches of design were submitted. Jury member Chantal Prod’Hom was pleased by the diversity of applications, as well as in the results and stated “Switzerland has heard this call”. Lilla Wicki underlined the capacity of the winners to “think outside the box”. The jury selected 17 projects, based on their originality, formal and artistic creativity, feasibility and marketability.
Full list of supported projects:
- Manon Briod «Growing Stones — a design approach to synthetic biology»
- Matthieu Girel «Stora»
- Swiss Spirit SA «In Out»
- Rafael Kouto «SUSPENDED BODIES THAT WILL NEVER FALL»
- Julia Seemann «Fall/Winter 19′ Collection»
- 5777 GmbH «Instant Windows Project»
- Xénia Lucie Laffely «Don’t forget to sleep»
- LEIT & HELD «LEIT & HELD collections»
- Varia Instruments «High-end DJ mixer»
- Collective Swallow «Collection 04 Zum Schwäbli»
- kollektiv vier design studio GmbH «INSIGHT bath collection»
- Biowatch SA «Le Bracelet»
- earlybird skis GmbH «earlybird skis»
- schoenstaub GmbH «schoenstaub at Maison Object, Paris»
- POPLIN PROJECT «Y-A-COLLECTION!»
- YVY GmbH «Capsule Collection»
- Playtrip sagl «Playtrip»